Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Yesterday we went out and celebrated fat Tuesday at Bourbon Street. We ended up going super early, eight thirty, and realized we were way to early for the party. Luckily my friend Heather came and met us and then our friend's Keith and Shane met us. Gabe joined the group around ten since he had to work. We ended up having a great time and spent more time there than intended. I am very proud to say that out of our group I came home with the most beads. Not because I was showing my business to everyone but because I was great at catching beads being flung from the balcony. I did share my wealth with Cory and Gabe since they each had two strands of beads. It was fun people watching and there was even a contest for the most beads. The winner won five hundred bucks. Pretty nice chunk of change for beads. It was fun at first but then people started getting aggressive about trying to get you to give them your beads. Two lesbians at, different times, were trying to get my beads for their friends and I had already told them no and they persisted on trying to get my beads one even saying your not going to win so why not just give them to her. Then when I told her I like them and don't want to give them away she said that's like voting yes on prop 8. I almost smacked her! I could not believe she would say that, dumb dumb, dumb. At that point I just ignored her. One guy at least said he would buy me a shot if I gave him my beads, I told him give me my shot and my beads are yours. He didn't go through with it, but I would have easily have given them to him if he was close to winning since he wasn't trying to beat me into submission with guilt like the others two. In the end our cue to go home was when someone , who shall remain nameless, began triple kissing with two other people. No it was not Cory or I! So after a fun night I have to figure out what to do with all these damn beads I insisted on keeping. I am guessing they will sit in the spare bedroom until spring, summer, or winter house cleaning.

2 comments:

Crafted by Bairbre Aine said...

Sounds like a fun time indeed.
I'm glad you kept those beads!
Put them in a zip lock bag...and when it comes time for cleaning...give to me. (LOL)
I teach my students about Marti Gras/Pancake Day/Fat Tuesday.
I made a Kings Cake, complete with plastic baby baked right inside.
I tossed them a bead necklace and we made masks.
Some years I make a cake, others pancakes. Living in the US these days, I go with Kings Cake, in my classroom. However, at home, we have always celebrated Pancake Day...
So, I'm running low on beads now.
:)
Hugs

Elynca said...

For sure I will bring them over this week end to Mike's!